Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tiffanie: this week's menu

This week's plans:

  • leftovers of a lentil rice caramelized onion dish, with spiced pita crisps. Steamed artichokes.
  • tofu kale scramble with chipotle raspberry sauce, yellow rice.
  • broccoli tofu stir fry with rice
  • curried split pea soup, green salad
  • white bean escarole soup (slow cooker; got a huge head of escarole in the CSA box today). Must make bread to go with this!
My CSA box has spinach, basil, summer squash, and beets, which I have no immediate plans for. The beets I may cook tonight for a salad. The squash usually gets roasted, since the boy loves roasted squash. I might turn the spinach into millet spinach polenta, and use the basil for a sun dried tomato pesto to smother it in...

The energy balls last week were quickly eaten, so I shall make them again. I also made a banana bread, using coconut oil. Devoured! 

I'm snack parent at preschool tomorrow, and it's my last one ever, so I'm trying to do it in style. For the kids: plain yogurt mixed with blueberries, homemade granola, bananas. The day is themed as Mixing Day, so this will give them a chance to mix it all together. For the adults, a many-layered dip of refried beans, guac, salsa, scallions, cheese, and sour cream with chips, and a strawberry cobbler. I'm going to make the granola at home, and assemble the cobbler at home, then bake the cobbler at school. The dip is easy enough to assemble at school. Ugh, just realized the cobbler recipe has almond meal in it, so I'll have to improvise that out. Maybe more oats and flour...


No comments:

Post a Comment