My plans this week include:
- Red Wine Braised Red Cabbage with Apples and Sausage... a nice recipe find from my CSA newsletter. The box had a gorgeous medium red cabbage, so it'll go in here. I put in practically every variation to make it a very hearty meal.
- millet and spinach polenta with sun dried tomato pesto and roasted sweet potatoes. This recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance. I love it; it is packed with flavor and is a great way to use up ugly spinach (got a big bunch from the box). The kids are on the fence about this one... they like the crispy polenta edges, don't like the pesto, and always love the sweet potatoes.
- Rice and lentils and caramelized onions with spiced pita crisps. This one comes from Veganomicon. It's a delicious unattractive dish. Since it'll be cooler and rainy this week, it'll be perfect. I have green cabbage from the box, so I'll make a cabbage slaw, or maybe a fennel and orange salad (I finally learned that if you chop up the fennel pretty finely, it tastes way better in salad).
- the usual sweet potato hash with eggs night.
- I'm making curried couscous salad today (Barefoot Contessa recipe) for a potluck, so I should have leftovers to enjoy this week, too.
- the boy would like to learn how to make madeleine cookies, so I bought some butter and we'll try out a couple of recipes. Should be tasty fun.