Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Missed last week; developed some severe jaw and tooth pain that is either sinus related or one of my molars is dying. Lovely times! So I ate very little and all of it was soft.

But! This week I am cooking again, just in time for a cold winter storm.

My plans:

  • mushroom taco night
  • white bean rosemary soup, with no-knead bread and green salad
  • a lal dal (red lentil curry) with jasmine rice and roasted brussels sprouts
  • posole verde; a vegetarian version with mushrooms, tomatillos, poblano peppers, hominy.... so very good.
  • potato leek soup (my comfort soup), aloo samosas (filled with peas and mashed potatoes; the kids will help make these), and possibly smoothies.
  • shakshuka, from this recipe: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2013/02/shakshuka-recipe-eggs/. It looks perfect for me when I'm eating alone. It's a spicy tomato sauce with poached eggs. 
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment