Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

The deadline slog continues, though my partner is home for most dinners this week (then departs immediately for more work).

Meals this week:

  • leftover lal dal
  • broccoli and tofu stir fry
  • spaghetti and beanballs (again, but I still crave more!)
  • mushroom tacos
I'm falling behind on the CSA box... I've got the following haunting me in my fridge:
  • purple cauliflower
  • at least two cabbages
  • two fennel
  • lots of potatoes
  • little green beans
  • some radishes
  • summer squash
  • basil
  • parsley
  • lettuce
  • kale
I think the cauliflower will be roasted in olive oil. Some of the cabbage will be slaw, as I am loving raw cabbage lately. The radishes go into that or are eaten alone. The squash will be roasted or grated and sauteed for my egg bake dinner-alone favorite. The kale is the flat variety, so maybe I'll turn it into chips... that soup last week with the Rancho Gordo flageolet beans was incredible, but I want to use a huge bunch of kale for that. Deadra suggested an apple and fennel salad... it's that or some sort of healthful root vegetable soup, or roasting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment