Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

The start-up slog continues, so the meals are mostly just for the kids and myself. Leftovers much appreciated by the husband, of course.

I'm a little behind on my CSA produce -- I've got the most delicate little green and yellow filet beans, beets, squash, cabbages, way too much lettuce, and a lot of spinach.

I'm going to make a Provencal style salad with the green beans, something like this recipe, but I think I'll add some boiled potatoes, maybe go non-vegan and add hard boiled eggs and some sardines.

The spinach will go nicely into a millet spinach polenta with sun dried tomato pesto. Recipe is in Vegan with a Vengeance, and it is just awesome. Some roasted sweet potatoes and squash would be good with it.

Ok, I think I've got some menu planned!

This week:

  • Millet spinach polenta with sun dried tomato pesto, roasted sweet potatoes and squash. Chocolate pudding for dessert (a new recipe I'm trying from Clean Food; it uses bananas, silken tofu, and chocolate chips...).
  • Provencal salad. This is probably just for me, as I doubt the kids will like any of it. Smoothies for them!
  • Peanut noodles, onion pancakes, baked tofu, cabbage slaw.
  • Tamale shepherd's pie. I've been wanting to try this one for a while, and it looks like a good source of leftovers. :-)  I'm also making some cashew cream cilantro smother sauce, which would taste good on this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment