Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

I've been sick, so last week was pretty boring. This week I'm trying to use what I have in the fridge and garden, and I'm mostly using the Clean Food cookbook.

My plans:

  • a bean barley chard soup; our CSA box this week had a bag of fresh beans, either cranberry or Tongues of Fire. We have lots of chard in the backyard garden, so I'll pick enough leaves to add to the soup. Might add some zucchini, too. Roasted cauliflower on the side.
  • a carrot ginger soup. I have some hope that the kids will like this. Either cornbread or grilled cheese pesto sandwiches on the side. Probably both, as soups tend to be for two meals.
  • a walnut lentil loaf. Going full vegan here. It's a good recipe that I've made before, sort of like a meatloaf. Has lots of veggies and good things in it, and a tasty sauce on the top. This will last at least two meals. Roasted sweet potatoes would be good, also cabbage salad, tomato salad, green salad...
This takes me though Thursday night, which is all I'm planning for this week. Going camping on Friday! I may also make some baked tofu this week, perhaps with the carrot ginger soup. 

I need to figure out what to take on the camping trip for a vegan and three vegetarians that is easy and reheatable...

No comments:

Post a Comment