Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Last week went mostly as planned, except for the fava bean dish being pushed to today (Sunday). I'm slow cooking the fava beans now, and marinating the tempeh in soy sauce, olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, crushed garlic, and an excessive amount of fresh thyme. It smells amazing.

Plans for this week include:

  • the above lemon-thyme fava beans with mushrooms, plus garlicky thyme tempeh. And maybe mustard greens or wild rice.
  • creamy potato leek soup. Venturing away from Julia Child's awesome recipe to try Isa's. It has cashews in it! Also making no-knead bread, I miss it.
  • hearty beany chili (also from Isa). It looks solid, has lentils to make it extra hearty. Also cornbread muffins.
  • taco night, with mushrooms and whatever else is on hand.
  • chickpea cutlets with mustard caper gravy, mashed potatoes, greens or broccoli.
I have ever so many turnips from my CSA box to use... the winter session is over after next week, then a month off before the spring session starts, so I'll have time to use them. I'm thinking of trying some stews/curries.

No comments:

Post a Comment