Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Early this week! Mostly because I'm going shopping today instead of tomorrow. Do you shop more than once a week? I used to, when the kids were in school, but now that we're all together all the time, I prefer to go alone on the weekend.

My plans this week include:

  • taco night, with mushrooms and chard
  • spaghetti and beanballs, raw kale salad
  • massur dal and carrot soup, bread, white bean and escarole (kind of a side-stew). I just love escarole and white beans together.
  • pizza night
  • vegan beef stew. This is a new recipe from Isa; it has vegan sausages in it, so the kids might like it. They're very fond of the Field Roast Italian sausages. It's full of red wine, potatoes, carrots, etc., so I'm excited. I miss a good beef stew.
  • curried peanut sauce bowl. One of my favorite new recipes from Isa -- lots of brown rice, fried tofu cubes, steamed kale, and scrumptious curried peanut sauce over it all. I know it sounds very healthy and vegan, but the flavors!
This meal plan seems to be inspired by the winter storms we've had this week, but next week will be warm and sunny. I expect I'll welcome my allergies, since all the trees are turning green very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment