Saturday, April 19, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Oh, the CSA box is trying to overwhelm me! I have a head-sized celeriac to use up somehow... and I still have to buy more kale this week (I eat a lot of kale?).

Anyways, some easy meals this week:

  • a leftovers and salad night tonight... I'm thinking butter lettuce, baked potato chunks, garlic fried oyster mushrooms, hard boiled egg, some maple-mustard tempeh chunks, half an artichoke, lots of mustardy-olive oil dressing, beet sauerkraut, olives... I made millet-spinach polenta last night, so I'll split the last square, fried, with sun dried tomato pesto on it. The kids will eat any of the above they like, plus pasta and veggie hot dogs. :-)
  • spaghetti and beanballs with spicy slurpy tomato sauce. Love this meal! Also more green salad. So much lettuce to eat this week...
  • roasty soba bowl with cauliflower and lentils and tahini. I love big bowls of tastiness. The roasted cauliflower and soba will be loved by the children, the rest will be avoided.
  • maple tempeh bowl; found the recipe on the Kitchn. Sounds good!
  • Cheddarly Broccoli Soup (a new Isa recipe). Not usually my thing, but I have hopes the kids might enjoy it. And I'll bake a no-knead bread boule, which everyone will devour.
  • Chipotle Sausage Hash (Isa again). This is a back-up recipe. It's fast and sounds tasty to me at least... I can always add pancakes and call it breakfast-for-dinner.
  • Shakshuka with poached eggs (for my solo night. Also known as the I-stuff-my-face-with-deliciousness night.). This is a spicy tomato sauce with lots of spices. Great with bread to soak up the juices.
  • If I have extra tomato sauce from the pasta night, I'll make a quick puttanesca for myself for lunch. Maybe I can fry the whole mess? I seem to remember fried spaghetti being delicious when I was a kid.
  • Spicy Lentil Wraps for lunch. Seems tasty and healthy.
  • I have plans for peach-raspberry crumble for a dessert, too. I should get some coconut ice cream to go with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment