Plans for this week include:
- eating out at Aqui (we went to an evening outdoor play afterwards, good fun)
- mushroom cauliflower pot pie with olive biscuit crust. My CSA gave me a 4.5 lb cauliflower head, so I used about half of it in this dish (doubling the recipe's request, but it was still good). The kids sort of like this dish -- they like the biscuit crust, and the mushrooms. Sadly, the cauliflower did not pass muster, as it was not roasted. This pie has a gravy made with lots of tarragon, and it's made me a fan of this herb.
- Creole Hoppin' Jean. Doing a double batch, to split with a friend. Decided to cook the beans from dried, instead of buying the Eden Organic canned. I love that brand, but it gets expensive. I do have a fresh bottle of Pepper Plant hot sauce to enjoy on this beans/rice/tomatoes dish. A big green salad will finish it off. And lots of beer.
- Lal dal over coconut rice. Maybe some baked tofu for the kids. Sauteed greens, whatever comes in the box.
- potato salad, in the Mediterranean style, which means olive oil, cumin, scallions, sun dried tomatoes... the CSA box had gorgeous new potatoes, which make great potato salad. It's a nice way to really taste the potatoes.
- more no-bake energy balls. The boy is looking skinny, I think he just grew taller again.
- maple mustard tempeh strips. Going to the beach this week, and I love making a wrap with these for my picnic lunch.