Plans for this week include:
- braised red cabbage with red wine and apples and sausage. It's like a tasty wine stew with potatoes and carrots and apples and Field Roast sausages. I have way too much cabbage on hand right now. Plus salad. Might make beans and dogs for the kids.
- chickpea cutlets (a clever mix of gluten and chickpeas and spices and bread crumbs, fried up and crispy), mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, maybe a green salad. Mustard sauce with capers is required!
- millet black bean patties, sweet potato fries, salad. Maybe a rice pilaf would be nice alongside...
- calzones, coleslaw, watermelon. Kids have never had calzones, so we'll have to make some.
- a massur dal and carrot soup for a friend.
- hummus (Cooks Illustrated recipe)
- a new recipe, with nori and a rice noodle mixture. Seems like a yummy snack.