Saturday, January 3, 2015

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Happy New Year! Everything is back to normal here, no more house guests, lots of growing mouths to feed...

My plans include:

  • hoppin' jean, with garlicky chard, and chips and guac and hot sauce and beer
  • white bean and escarole stew, with some sort of tempeh (either garlic thyme or maple mustard), and baked squash
  • tomato tortilla soup, bean and cheese tortillas, perhaps some Mexican rice
  • eggplant with bread crumbs, over noodles, with slurpy spicy tomato sauce. I will also try my first spaghetti squash, to eat with extra tomato sauce.
  • lentil apple walnut loaf. Gotta keep up the vegan cred. Also great as leftovers. Probably mashed potatoes, or roasted sweet potatoes, or roasted English jacket potatoes (my favorite way to eat russet potatoes now).
  • chickpea cutlets with mustard caper sauce. Mostly cause I miss the sauce so much, and the kids sometimes eat the cutlets. Mashed potatoes definitely. Delicata squash on the side. Yes, I am trying to reduce my squash population this week.
I made an apple pie coffee cake the other day for a party, and the boy said it was the best cake ever. So we'll probably make it again, so that we can split it down the middle and call it tea time.

No comments:

Post a Comment