This week's plans include:
- quinoa and bean croquettes, with more quinoa and mushroom gravy. Green salad.
- African peanut soup with mustard greens. I shall sub in tofu for the chicken.
- Lentils and basmati rice and caramelized onions with spiced pita crisps. Sauteed chard.
- Biscuits and gravy, hash browns, fruit smoothies.
- a butternut ginger soup, homemade bread.
- roasted butternut squash, with a pilaf of chickpeas and cranberries and nuts.
- a gluten free muesli I made once and liked...
- trying a strawberry cobbler recipe... I have a bunch of frozen strawberries that defrosted unexpectedly and refroze, so they're good for baked things.
I am also snack parent on a field trip day, so I'm brainstorming ideas. I'm thinking of making a wholesome oaty fruity bar. What else? Baby carrots? I'm trying to stay away from sugary snacks, so no yogurt tubes. Could do cheese, though they get plenty of cheese in their diets already... Then there are the parents. I could just double up everything for them...