Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Feeling lazy this week, so I'm adding some "nights" to encourage the kids to build a meal they enjoy. Instead of demanding cheese quesadillas at every turn.

My plans include:

  • nacho night. Trying out a new vegan quesa blanco recipe, and we'll do black beans and guac and lettuce and scallions and fried mushrooms.
  • vegan sloppy joes.  It's a lentil base... maybe the kids will eat it? I dunno, but I'm craving some more messy tomatoey meals. Butter lettuce salad.
  • peanut noodles, baked tofu, cabbage slaw... a reliable favorite.
  • pasta night: I have a bunch of homemade tomato sauce left over from last week, so I want to make it into a puttanesca with lots of olives and capers. 
  • sweet potato hash with eggs for my solo night, since I never get tired of this with variations.
  • chipotle sausage hash -- still a backup meal. It's a potato and sausage hash, with a tahini miso gravy. Sounds good to me! Maybe with pancakes or waffles?
  • mini omelets. A new recipe, vegan, using tofu and chickpea flour as the base. Seems like a fun way to build wraps or sandwiches for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. The vegan queso blanco sauce was really delicious. Hard to say what it tastes like, but it hits all the yummy notes in your brain.

    The sloppy joes were awesome. I cheated a bit and bought brioche buns to eat it on, which was really good.

    ReplyDelete