I'm fascinated with snack plates after seeing this post. So Fridays will be snack plate day all summer. The kids are excited! I'm going to try some goat cheese; I think it should bypass my milk issues.
I am also going to try muesli after reading this. And I will probably try to make almond milk.
My plans this week include:
- another curried peanut sauce tofu bowl, for tonight, cause I have leftover sauce on hand and some chard to use up.
- nacho night
- pasta night -- homemade tomato sauce, maybe some greens and olives and capers. Salad.
- roasted cauliflower soba bowl. The kids like this one a bit, cause of the soba and cauliflower. I think this carrot salad.
- sweet potato hash night with eggs
- snack plate night: various crackers, hummus, dried fruits and nuts, pickles, olives, goat cheese, honey, chocolate, jams, etc.
- lentils, rice, and caramelized onions with spiced pita crisps. Surprisingly good for summer (except for the long oven time) since you can eat it lukewarm.