Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Oh, it is hot and I am lazy. And trying to get the kids to eat what I eat at dinner. I did have good luck last night with brown curry (from the box) with tofu and veggies over jasmine rice. The girl actually ate the rice and the tofu!

I'm fascinated with snack plates after seeing this post. So Fridays will be snack plate day all summer. The kids are excited! I'm going to try some goat cheese; I think it should bypass my milk issues.

I am also going to try muesli after reading this. And I will probably try to make almond milk.

My plans this week include:

  • another curried peanut sauce tofu bowl, for tonight, cause I have leftover sauce on hand and some chard to use up.
  • nacho night
  • pasta night -- homemade tomato sauce, maybe some greens and olives and capers. Salad.
  • roasted cauliflower soba bowl. The kids like this one a bit, cause of the soba and cauliflower. I think this carrot salad.
  • sweet potato hash night with eggs
  • snack plate night: various crackers, hummus, dried fruits and nuts, pickles, olives, goat cheese, honey, chocolate, jams, etc.
  • lentils, rice, and caramelized onions with spiced pita crisps. Surprisingly good for summer (except for the long oven time) since you can eat it lukewarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment