Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Last week was apparently too boring to write about? I made lentil-rice-caramelized onions with spiced pita crisps, broccoli tofu stir fry, bok choy and chickpea saute with cashews, and spaghetti with tempeh meat balls. Also a snack plate night, which included leftover fried spaghetti and a cold green bean salad.

But this week! I made plans!

  • millet spinach polenta with sun dried tomato pesto. Roasted sweet potatoes.
  • chili (the kind with zucchini and mole sauce) and cornbread. Smoothies?
  • lal dal with basmati rice, greens.
  • pasta night. Maybe the garlic-sun dried tomato-pine nut variety, I miss that one.
  • sweet potato hash
  • snack plate/leftover night
This might be the week I finally try out a vegan pineapple upside down cake. I suspect the sweetness will make it good for kids.

I still like the muesli I made, it's almost gone, so I'll try a cherry-hazelnut recipe next.

Discovered the boy loves dry roasted almonds, hooray! He was not a fan of raw almonds, and I'm coming around; the raw ones make my mouth a little itchy. And we both love ones covered in dark chocolate and salt and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment