Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Oh, holiday weeks, how we love you. Especially since I'm only making holiday desserts this week and ordering Chinese food for the turkey day. The kids love our rare take-out meals, so everyone is happy.

My plans this week include:

  • veggie soup, consisting of random CSA veggies... probably onion, garlic, carrot, celery tops, fresh beans (tongue of fire), potatoes, tomatoes, maybe a bit of orzo... and baguette.
  • a new recipe (from Isa Does It): Belgian Beer and Seitan stew. I'm going to make the seitan from scratch, and serve it over colcannon (cabbage and mashed potatoes). Kind of an intensive meal, but I always drool at the thought of a beer stew with onions and mushrooms and chunks of stale bread and apples. 
  • roasted cauliflower soba noodle bowl with tahini-miso sauce. So tasty. The kids will have regular pasta and some of the roasted cauliflower.
  • pizza night, a kid request. They also request a sushi night and a taco night. Throw in a pasta night and half my week is planned out...
  • I still want to try out a chicky tuna salad recipe for sandwiches, esp since I have so much celery on hand.
  • many desserts. I have lots of pears that aren't very good for eating so they should be poached. I have ripe bananas for quickbread. I have ripe persimmons. I have a wee bit of silken tofu for a last batch of vegan blondies. I have tree ripened apples for baking into pies and galettes...

No comments:

Post a Comment