My plans this week include:
- veggie soup, consisting of random CSA veggies... probably onion, garlic, carrot, celery tops, fresh beans (tongue of fire), potatoes, tomatoes, maybe a bit of orzo... and baguette.
- a new recipe (from Isa Does It): Belgian Beer and Seitan stew. I'm going to make the seitan from scratch, and serve it over colcannon (cabbage and mashed potatoes). Kind of an intensive meal, but I always drool at the thought of a beer stew with onions and mushrooms and chunks of stale bread and apples.
- roasted cauliflower soba noodle bowl with tahini-miso sauce. So tasty. The kids will have regular pasta and some of the roasted cauliflower.
- pizza night, a kid request. They also request a sushi night and a taco night. Throw in a pasta night and half my week is planned out...
- I still want to try out a chicky tuna salad recipe for sandwiches, esp since I have so much celery on hand.
- many desserts. I have lots of pears that aren't very good for eating so they should be poached. I have ripe bananas for quickbread. I have ripe persimmons. I have a wee bit of silken tofu for a last batch of vegan blondies. I have tree ripened apples for baking into pies and galettes...