Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tiffanie: this week's menu

Rainy and cold weather! Warm food it is... plus, I've decided to start baking our everyday bread this winter. Sort of a meditation practice and a commitment to good eating and a way to share baking with the kids. I'll start with old friends like honey-oat loaves, and experiment with sourdough starter until I am happy with the results. Baking once per week to start, with one extra for experimentation or when I really need a loaf of no-knead bread around...

This week's plans include:

  • cabbage snow pea tomato stir fry, rice, roasted seaweed, baked tofu.
  • mushroom barley soup with bread
  • brown curry with veggies and tofu, rice, salad.
  • eggplant and bread crumbs with fettucine
I also need to roast a bunch of pears still, make more muesli or granola, and start trying out spiced candied nuts or maybe a pineapple upside down cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment