Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

A bit late this week!

I've made or am planning to make:

  • Baja style tempeh tacos
  • Lentils and basmati rice with caramelized onions and spiced pita crisps, with a green salad
  • collard greens and black eyed peas, with baked tofu and roasted zucchini
  • roasted beet salad
  • fava bean and arugula salad (with more quickles!)
  • lots of green salads -- perhaps adding an assortment of cold cooked veggies (like a salad nicoise). 
  • baked eggs in zucchini (a recipe kind of like this). I can't find the recipe I used last year, but it was ever so good. I think there was a bit of cheese mixed into the grated zucchini.
  • chocolate and zucchini cake! How I adore this cake. And it's a fine way to use up zucchini. I did manage to veganize it last summer, so I'll try that again.
  • perhaps another potato frittata. Not vegan (though I did find a good vegan frittata recipe that uses silken tofu), but the kids will eat it. Reminds me of my childhood; my mom would make a big potato frittata (with loads of garlic and parsley) and salad nearly every week. Looking back, she was probably tired of meal planning. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Some notes on the Chocolate and Zucchini cake: I used 1/2 cup olive oil instead of butter (amount recommended in the recipe, though I've read elsewhere that you can sub in less liquid fat). For the three eggs, I put in 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed, 3 Tbsp water, and 1/2 cup soy yogurt. I was worried that using flax seed for the entire amount would be noticeable, and using bananas didn't seem appropriate, so I did the yogurt substitution (1/4 cup per egg). Worked out fine!

    ReplyDelete