Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

It's going to be a hot week, plus my husband is going to miss most dinners to get more work done. Ah, the joys of the start-up widow! So I'm going to focus on some basics, and lots of salads. Perhaps I can finally tame all the CSA veggies still in my fridge...

Some ideas/plans for the week:

  • I still haven't made the fava bean salad.
  • Arugula with balsamic marinated mushrooms. Yes, I have a big bag of wild arugula to eat!
  • taco night, of course. I love Sundays. :-)
  • I am starting a pizza night (with homemade dough). I did that yesterday, and it was easy and delicious. I have a good recipe for a tofu ricotta, though the kids still prefer mozzarella. The tempeh crumbles I made this week were really good. I'll likely use the leftovers in tacos or at breakfast.
  • I want to make a big slow cooker pot of beans (one of my Rancho Gordo finds!). I can stretch that out all week, with rice and toppings, with cornbread, in quesadillas, with roasted veggies.
  • I never made a potato frittata, so that's still going to happen. Maybe I can sneak in some garlic and parsley at a low enough threshold that the kids will like it...
  • My strawberry infused vodka is ready for drinks, so I need to mash up some strawberries and sugar and ice and lemonade...
  • We're all in the mood for a curry this week -- one of the Golden Curry boxes. I chop up lots of carrots, potatoes, tofu, onions and whatever else needs eating, and it is so satisfying. Maybe some onion pancakes on the side...
  • I have a big bunch of tarragon from my box this week. I will probably freeze it, but I might put some in a jar with vinegar to infuse it. I have a great recipe for a mushroom cauliflower pot pie that uses lots of tarragon, so it'll eventually go there, once I get a cauliflower.
  • I have so much summer squash, so I will definitely grate and salt a bunch of them, saute them with something, add some cheese, and make a nest for an egg, and bake the whole thing. I really need to find the recipe I used last year, it was so good...
I ran out of fennel making that tempeh sausage crumble, so I should probably go visit Penzeys soon. Perhaps taking the kids will be fun? Heh, the last time I was pretty miserable, but perhaps this time will be easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment