Monday, August 6, 2012

FoodNoob: Meals 4-6


Meal #4 - The Usual Breakfast

Today we cheated a bit. Breakfast was again Cheerios and Yogurt.

Meal #5 - Sushi Part Two

Yesterday I took my daughter, a three year old, to lunch at a sushi place. She ordered an apple juice but did not finish it. The staff was a bit taken with her. As we left she said she wanted to take the apple juice home. Since they had no take out cups they let us leave with the restaurant's glass covered in tight saran wrap.

Today we had to return the glass and my wife was curious about the sushi joint. So we ate sushi!

Meal #6 - Leftovers

The third meal was leftovers from the day before. Chicken Apple Sausage Sandwich.

Bonus Meal - The Safeway Hot Chicken Tortilla

Since this post has been so dull I will write about the meal we ate two days ago. The one dish I ever invented myself. It is called HOT CHICKEN TORTILLA!

You can buy all the ingredients at Safeway. In fact you must buy all of them from Safeway. Otherwise you end up with some other Hot Chicken Tortilla.

Ingredients:

  • Fried chicken strips (preferably from Safeway where it's more breading than meat)
  • Spinach leaves
  • Knotted spicy cheese (I generally find it on the top shelf)
  • Tortilla
  • Hot sauce
  • Toothpicks
  • Microwave
Steps:
  1. Warm Up Microwave
  2. Chop up chicken strips
  3. Chop up cheese
  4. Lay chicken in tortilla
  5. Lay cheese among chicken pieces
  6. Apply Hot Sauce
  7. Apply more Hot Sauce
  8. Lay down some spinach leaves on chicken and cheese 
  9. Roll up tortilla and use toothpick to keep it rolled up
  10. Heat in microwave for one minute until cheese melts and bubbles

I made this dish about five years ago. Since then I think I have "cooked" it two times.

It's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment