Monday, August 6, 2012

Tiffanie: this week's menu

We're all healthy again, and I'm behind on my CSA box again...

My planning is weak, here's what I've got:

  • a stir fry involving snow peas, cabbage, carrots, tomato, and zucchini, over rice. And baked tofu.
  • a breakfast for dinner, with white bean-tempeh sausage, home fries with rosemary, pancakes, and fruit.
  • a bok choy and chickpea saute with toasted cashews, over rice. With onion pancakes.
Ok, that's three. Not quite the five or six I need... after a cookbook perusal, here's what I'm adding:
  • a tofu salad that is substantial -- think chicken salad. It has celery, and grape halves, and roasted red pepper. I've made it before, it's surprisingly tasty. Not sure what to serve it with yet... bagels? A potato frittata? Watermelon!
  • Southwestern corn pudding, with cornbread (perhaps overkill, but it'll be good), and lots of roasted veggies and a green salad. For roasting: the rest of the cauliflower, sweet potatoes, squash, maybe mushrooms.
I still want to make the sprouted quinoa tabbouleh. It requires that I soak the quinoa for a full day, so I will likely do that tonight. I should also roast some beets and make a cabbage slaw. So much cabbage...

No comments:

Post a Comment