Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bernadette: This week's menu


This week is all about getting more vegetables in our diet and eating a little lighter since we haven't been eating the most balanced meals lately....
  • Linguini with Avocado and Arugula Pesto. A good summer pasta and it makes the noodles green. The toddler liked this when she was 18 months but we'll see if she freaks out at the color this time around. Lately, she's been obsessed with only eating white and pale yellow foods.
  • 7 Vegetable Couscous with Spicy Harissa. A favorite with my husband and me. The toddler tends to just eat the chick peas, which I sub in for the lima beans listed in the original recipe. This is a vegan recipe but we don't miss the meat.
  • Rotisserie chicken and salad. This one is a bit of a cheat since I'm not actually roasting my own chicken, but I like not having to fuss and I can turn the leftovers into a chicken salad of some sort. I also have a lot of salad greens and it's nice to have one really quick meal to prep for those days when my energy is sapped by dinnertime. 
  • Curried Chicken Salad - Using up the leftover rotisserie chicken. This one will most likely turn into snack and lunch for me. I've tried other curry chicken salads but this one is a new one although similar to others I've tried.
  • Vegetarian Black Bean Chili. A new recipe for me. I'm not sure if I'm going to make this one because we've had a lot of Mexican/Southwest food lately, but it'll use up the leftover black beans in my pantry. 
Snacks: raspberries, strawberries, mango, grapes, cheese, crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment